HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST II
The Human Resources Specialist II assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Their main focus will be on ADA, LOA, & W/C. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff and at direction of HR Supervisor; assists and advises client management staff regarding HR issues. Responsible for accommodation, leave of absence and workers’ compensation program administration.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Administers programs and paperwork for accommodations, leaves of absences, and workers’ compensation for employees in CA, in accordance with State and Federal regulations, and Client’s policies and procedures.
- Assists with determining employee’s eligibility for participation in programs for accommodations, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, and other Client programs.
- Coordinates and monitors the safety and ergonomic program.
- Conducts various Human Resource related trainings, including but not limited to, New Staff Orientation and Time Keeping on ADP portal training.
- Processes employee related paperwork; maintains both physical and electronic employee files.
- Answers employee inquires and questions regarding policies, procedures, benefits, payroll, etc. Researches to determine appropriate resolution.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Working knowledge of CA State and Federal employment laws and practices; personnel policy and procedure usage.
- Proven track record of counseling management and employees on employee relation issues as well as counseling and administering a leave of absence program.
- Experience in the admin of benefits and compensation.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include MS Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication, interpersonal and coaching skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer service background skills.
- Associate’s degree in a related field and three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions with a focus on leave of absence and workers’ compensation program administration.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred but not required.
This is a temporary to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The salary range is $20 to $22.
Job Ref #: 4464
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.