IT Technician I
The IT Technician I is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and other peripherals.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Set up and configure desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and audio-visual computing peripherals
- Install desktop and laptop computer software and software updates
- Connect peripheral devices such as monitors, printers, scanners and installs device drivers
- Test microcomputer and related peripheral devices
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and operating systems and installs upgrade components, malfunctions in software or removing malware
- Troubleshoot end user technology issues
- Respond to user questions concerning hardware, software and operations
- Maintain records of user service requests
- Transport equipment and software to user work sites
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Act as a liaison between users, vendors and technology staff to resolve technical problems
- Close Help Desk tickets
- Provide system updates and repairs lab workstations and mobile carts
- Manage the technology inventory when new hardware is purchased or retired
- As assigned, may occasionally participate in team projects, including addressing network issues, for training and development purposes.
- Perform other related duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- Microcomputer hardware and peripheral equipment, microcomputer operating systems, computer security principles and software
- Hardware and software installation and maintenance practices
- Computer networks and IP addressing
- Troubleshooting, testing, and diagnostic procedures, equipment and software
- Computer and hardware troubleshooting and repair such as printers, copiers, and projectors
- Computer viruses and security threats
- E-mail and internet programs such as web browsers and plugin
- Safety practices and precaution
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills to perform assigned duties as technology evolves over time
- Install and administer computer hardware and software
- Identify and analyze technical problems and recommend viable solutions
- Operate a variety of diagnostic equipment and diagnostic software
- Select and use appropriate hand tools
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Use decision making skills effectively
- Follow procedures for ensuring accuracy and thoroughness in completing assignments
- Work with little supervision at customer locations
- Understand and meet customer needs
- Work effectively within a team. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Hgh school diploma or equivalent supplemented by additional industry training certificates or college level courses in computer science, computer repair and upgrades, windows, android and apple operating systems, etc. An Associate’s degree in computer and network technology or bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology preferred.
- Two years of experience installing and troubleshooting microcomputer hardware, software, and related peripheral equipment.
The IT Technician I position is a two month assignment located in the San Fernando Valley area. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44C9
Location: Lake Balboa, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.