Low Voltage Cabling Technician
What’s the opportunity?
The Low Voltage Cabling Technician will provide skilled maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting of a variety of telephone lines, Siamese camera cables and Cat 5e/6 cabling.
What will I be doing?
- Install and bend conduit for running exterior cables
- Install and run fiber optic cables and install Cat6/5e cable
- Drive a vehicle to and from work sites, manage suppliers and contractors.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.
- Knowledge of Milestone or Hikvision Camera Systems is a Plus but not required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IP and Network settings a must. You must have enough knowledge to install an IP camera and configure it on the DVR/NVR and do basic troubleshooting.
- Record time and materials used on projects.
- Complete required paperwork
What skills do I need?
- Indoor and outdoor work environments.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate tools
- bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching, standing for extended periods of time; reaching above the head to store or retrieve materials;
- hearing and speaking to exchange information
- seeing to perform skilled work and read meters or gauges
- Lifting and carrying heavy equipment or materials; using ladders; working in cramped spaces.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Security Systems, CCTV systems, Access Control.
We’d also like you to have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Four (4) years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of telephone, camera and computer cabling.
- Low voltage electrical systems: 2-5 years (preferred)
- Valid California Class C driver’s license.
- Criminal background check is required for hire.
- Compensation based on experience, please provide a comprehensive resume.
- This is the company of choice when it comes to quality, skilled tradespeople.
- Equity Partnership in the business for qualified leaders who want to manage the whole business is available. Leaders qualify for Partnership after 5 years’ time or shorter on good performance.
Job Ref. #: 447Q
Location: Simi Valley, CA