Los Angeles, CA
What’s the opportunity for the Maintenance Technician?
Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for executing maintenance including diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the properties according to operating and safety standards of the client and to ensure that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner. This is a direct hire opportunity.
What will I be doing?
- Work independently with minimal supervision and resolve complex problems out in the field.
- Take on the role of project lead as it relates to projects on assigned properties.
- Manage vendor relationships on assigned properties and ensure THE CLIENT is receiving excellent value from janitorial, security, and landscaping service providers.
- To provide courteous, consistent, professional and knowledgeable customer service while adhering to THE CLIENT policies and procedures. General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds. Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various assigned facilities/sites including:
- Diagnose and repair problems in such area as HVAC, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pounds, pools, etc.) and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Organizing and prioritizing service request and general maintenance tasks
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, maintenance budget, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Inspect Assigned Properties, building and grounds on a preset schedule to identify maintenance needs, make necessary repairs and plan future projects.
- Respond to Requests and work with Staff minimize resolve problems and complaints follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all Applicable THE CLIENT policies and procedures such as but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices.
Example work in this role might include:
- Carpentry: Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
- Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing/Painting: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic system; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; sets sprinklers; replaces broken sprinkler heads; adjusts automatic time clocks and system pressure if necessary; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; trims tree branches that create hazardous situations; installs and maintains drinking fountains; repairs/replaces hot water heaters.
- Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours, and finishes concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Supervise vendors and service providers, escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows all safety guidelines at all times, reports hazards or accidents in a timely manner.
- Always comply fully with Council’s financial policies and procedures.
- Willing and able to be “on call” for emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
What skills do I need?
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in property management, maintenance or a building trade
- Certification/formal training from a trade school or trade union in any of the following trades is required: HVAC, electrical, plumbing or carpentry.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. The ability to read maintenance tickets and ability to read and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
- Knowledge of: methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades
- Must perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculation and analysis such as estimating determining averages and percentage and totals.
- Will frequently use general maintenance tools supplies and equipment such as but not limited to hand tools, pressure washer, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters and safety equipment.
- Must be able to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies
- Needs to frequently transport up 60 pounds variable distances the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and access work in restricted spaces or at heights in excess of 8-9 feet
- Frequently operate motorized vehicles such as but not limited to a car, truck, van or tractors and any other need to performed work.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb (stairs, ladders. etc.)
- Follow oral and/or written instructions, excellent communication skills, written and verbal with English language proficiency.
- Willingness to work outside in inclement weather (if necessary).
- Strong computer skills, know how to use a scanner, Microsoft Outlook for emailing purposes, and Microsoft Word for written correspondence.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance
Additional Organizational Requirements
- Subscribe to the principles of the client.
- Possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to thrive in an ever changing/fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity in the work place.
- Behave in ways that demonstrate respectful treatment of all participants in organization.
- Practice pluralism and be inclusive with the services provided.
- Physically able to climb hills and ladders in inclement weather to inspect building, as well as ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Maneuver safely in rugged terrain.
- Sustain physical activity above 5,000 feet elevation.
This is a full-time direct hire position working with a great company. In addition to playing a key role in the success of the company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 401k with employer match
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick time paid
Job Reference #: 44BJ
Location: Los Angeles, CA