Member Operations Specialist
The Member Operations Specialist is responsible for performing collection activities associated with various negative share accounts. Reviews negative accounts, determines probable reasons for account status, and contacts members to resolve the balance owed. Ensures the Client’s professional image is maintained.
- Review negative accounts imported to the Collection system queues and verify status of accounts.
- Follows up on negative share accounts by telephone and correspondence to secure a satisfactory resolution for repayment. Discuss possible payment arrangements, suggest overdraft alternatives, and informs members of potential further actions. Continue to collect until the negative balance is covered or until the account is charged off.
- Answer questions and complaints relevant to member negative shares in a professional and calm manner. Determine reasons for the negative status and work toward permanent solutions minimizing losses by early actions.
- Refers applicable accounts to ChexSystems and Collection agency. Update records as needed from collection efforts.
- Make recommendations for possible charge-offs.
- Perform collection efforts in accordance with Client policies and procedures and ensures they are legally compliant.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date documentation on negative share accounts.
- Document all collection actions taken, including telephone conversations, payment arrangements, and correspondence on Collection system.
- Researches negative share accounts to ensure that possible Client errors are detected promptly. Provide members the opportunity to fully explain their account status.
- Maintains the Client’s professional reputation throughout collection operations and in all contacts with members. Maintains confidentiality.
- Contact collection agencies for balances that exceed $500.00 if not promptly resolved.
- Stay informed of changes in collection policies, procedures, and related legal requirements.
- Assists other department personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
Skills and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience or knowledge of collection procedures and related laws and regulations.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in work. Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, telephone, and public relations skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills
This is a 3 month temporary position located in the San Fernando Valley area. The salary range is $15 to $18 DOE. Please contact our office for addition information.
Job Reference #: 44BZ
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.