The Order Administrator plays a key role in the organization’s initial preparation to deliver contracted work by laying the foundation for tracking project expenses, time invested in a project, and invoicing under the agreement. This individual also works with other members of the administrative support team, project delivery team, and accounting department to ensure a smooth hand-off that is critical at the start of each new project. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills in working with numerous individuals in various departments and ability to prioritize work during times of high booking volume. This position is a part of the client services department and is a key link between the sales and delivery segments of the company in the booking of new contracts.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Initial point of contact for the company’s sales division to book new business. Position enters all new sold business (sales orders) into company’s accounting, project management and client database systems.
- Insure the initial set up of all sales orders (including those for government contracts) contains an accurate list of deliverables and established invoicing dates to the extent known at the time of booking.
- Follow up with internal customers on outstanding issues related to pending requests to book new business.
- Prepare reports and summaries relating to bookings as requested.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing company announcements of new bookings, creation of electronic client files, and timely and accurate hand-off of new project to delivery consultants and project administrators.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert relating to booking procedures.
- Take the lead on booking procedures improvement initiatives. Making recommendations for internal systems and implementing system solutions with guidance from management.
- Gather and maintain business data and business metrics to enhance quality and efficiency of booking and order entry procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, database software and basic office systems administration
- Able to read and understand complex contracts.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to produce high quality, error-free work under pressure and during periods of high volume.
- Ability to identify problems and utilize appropriate resources to resolve.
- High degree of professionalism in verbal and written communication
- Work alone as well as collaboratively with diverse work groups including senior levels of an organization.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Dependable and responsible.
- Basic understanding of accounting processes.
- Integrity and ability to confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Minimum three years’ office experience preferably in a corporate setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Able to work some overtime as necessary.
This is a temporary assignment approximately 10-12 week in length located in the Conejo Valley area. The pay rate is dependent on experience.
Job Ref. #: 446C
Location: Oxnard, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.