Payroll Clerk Asst
The Payroll Clerk Asst is responsible for all areas of Payroll for Center, including the related Federal & State payroll tax reports. This is a semi-monthly payroll. Records and files all bank deposits. Prepares miscellaneous Accounts Receivable schedules.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Collects time cards from Personnel Department and prepares input for Center Payroll – Data Processing Systems.
- Reviews and checks time cards for total hour(s) claimed as Vacation, Sick, Holiday, leave with Absence, Jury Duty, Shift Differential (rate incentive), etc. as defined in the Center’s Personnel Practice Policy. Calculates proper payment for overtime, compensatory time-off, SDI matching, etc. as approved. Obtains copy of time change request(s) and prepared Input to Payroll Data Processing Systems for the above hour(s).
- Calculates proper Voluntary and Involuntary Deduction(s), i.e. Federal & State withholdings, FICA, SDI, Garnishment payment, Annuity, Group Insurance Coverage Premium for dependents, and Advance payment as applicable.
- Prepares manual checks for signatures.
- Maintains Payroll Journal Ledger, Labor Distribution, Vacation Accrual, and Taken worksheets, 403b and 125k contribution worksheets and computation of Worker’s Compensation schedules for monthly payment.
- Prepares quarterly Federal & State Payroll tax returns and the related requirements (941 form/DE-3 form).
- Prepares Year-End Input and the related requirements for Employee’s W-2 forms. Prepares W-3 forms for submission to the IRS and Employment Development Department and Social Security Administration.
- Coordinates with Data Processing Center for data entry and technical assistance.
- Maintains complete and accurate Personnel Payroll Files.
- Maintains schedule of payment on a monthly and annual basis for all consultants. Prepares and/or assists in preparation Year-End 1099 Misc. and 599 Misc. forms. Prepares and/or assists in preparation of 1096 form to the IRS and 596 forms to the State.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Skills and Requirements for Payroll Clerk Asst:
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Type 40wpm, 10-key by touch.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Payroll and/or general Accounting.
- Preferred ADP knowledge and/or some college’s level courses in Data Processing/Data Entry/and related field.
- Must act in accordance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related state law confidentiality requirements. Must successfully complete the Client’s HIPAA training, pass the HIPAA test, and receive the Certification of Compliance.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job
- Interacting with other employees at work is an essential function of the job.
- Arriving at work on time and not leaving early is an essential function of the job.
This is a temp to hire position located in the San Fernando Valley area. Salary range is $25 to $27 DOE.
Ref #: 44TK
Location: Van Nuys
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.