Payroll Processing Specialist
The Payroll Processing Specialist will be responsible for the hands-on processing of a bi-weekly payroll for 350+ employees.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Collects time cards and prepares input for Payroll.
- Reviews and checks time cards for total hour(s) claimed as Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Leave with Absence, Jury Duty, Shift Differential (rate incentive), etc. Calculates proper payment for overtime, compensatory time-off, SDI matching, etc. as approved.
- May be required to assist in the processing of proper Voluntary and Involuntary Deduction(s), i.e. Federal & State withholdings, FICA, SDI, Garnishment payment, Annuity, Group Insurance Coverage Premium for dependents, and Advance payment as applicable.
- Prepares manual checks for signatures.
- Assists in the maintenance of Payroll Journal Ledger, and related worksheets.
- As needed, may assist with Quarterly and Annual payroll tax compliance
- Coordinates with Data Processing Center for data entry and technical assistance.
- Maintains complete and accurate Personnel Payroll Files.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent requires, college or university level degree in a related field is highly desirable
- Accurate data entry skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong Microsoft office (including Outlook and Word) are helpful
- Bi-lingual Spanish skills
- Payroll related program experience – specifically Ceridian is required and Paycor is a plus
- Discretion and confidentiality are very important to this role
- Must have a friendly and helpful demeanor
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills
- HRIS experience – some Human Resources experience is helpful
- 3+ years of consistent payroll experience processing for 350 plus employees
This is a temp to hire position available in the North San Fernando Valley area. The pay for this position is $25 hourly.
Job Ref. #: 446K
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.