A CPA firm is seeking a Payroll Specialist to help run its payroll department. We believe that the position has much upside potential with hope to grow and expand the business through marketing and promotional efforts.
Job Description (including but limited to the following):
- will assist with processing payroll
- submits appropriate taxes and retirement contributions
- files quarterly and year-end tax returns
- prepare W-2’s and 1099’s
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of transactions in multiple databases and files
- Other duties as required.
- Most importantly, this individual will be expected to readily contribute to the success of the company and to work relatively independently with minimum supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Only individuals with prior payroll experience, particularly with a multi-state independent payroll processing company, will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Payroll software is a plus.
- Results oriented individual with strong customer service skills and a courteous telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred college degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent
- Preferred 3+ years of Payroll experience.
- Excellent P/C skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and 10 key
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
- Ability to cross-train and learn other department activities.
- Excellent planning, organization and project coordination skills.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly.
This is a possible temp to hire position located in the Sherman Oaks area. The pay range is between $17-20 hourly.
Job Ref #: 445T
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.