Thousand Oaks, CA
What’s the opportunity?
The Sales Representative for a staffing office is a critical position and is the person responsible for securing new business. This is done by identifying potential business opportunities in the local community and contacting key decision makers, through sales calls, by phone, and in-person. Successful people in this role are comfortable contacting and engaging with business people at all levels, selling intangible, critical business services. This requires the ability to use consultative selling techniques (communication skills, questioning, and listening techniques) and the discipline of being persistent while following a daily and weekly plan, with the desire to become a top performing sales professional.
The office as a whole should focus on the 5 Sales Plays at all times:
- Make face-to-face decision maker calls.
- Develop a sales action plan for each top 20 hit list account.
- Make MPC calls.
- Fill job orders with urgency.
- Deliver the Client Care Packet.
Each position within the office needs to focus on their respective Performance Profiles to help ensure the 5 Sales Plays are achieved.
Example work in the Sales Representative role might include the following:
Secure at least two new clients per week.
- Make a combination of 100 sales calls, including phone and in-person visits leading to 60 decision-maker calls and landing two new clients per week.
- Document all calls in Q3/Q4.
- Effectively meet with decision-makers to assess needs and secure accounts.
Prepare and execute a daily sales plan.
- Prepare a daily sales plan identifying companies and offices to visit.
- Complete online research to better understand each prospect’s or client’s business, plus identify the names of some key decision makers.
- Introduce and sell the company through cold, planned, appointment, and phone calls.
- Select the right companies to call on through disciplined, focused selling.
Maximize territory performance.
- Develop a quarterly sales plan identifying potential new clients and business opportunities.
- Maximize sales for the upcoming quarter by classifying prospective clients and using the appropriate call frequency based on potential business.
Work on targeting the top 20 prospects.
- Develop a sales action plan for each of the Top 20 accounts and take the lead in coordinating the sales activities to land the Top 20 accounts.
- Research accounts, develop a sales plan, establish meetings, and coordinate presentations as needed by focusing on the prospect’s needs.
- Secure at least two new clients from the targeted list monthly.
Use a Total Client Care sales approach to turn clients into 3 and 5-star clients by presenting the full range of service capabilities.
- Effectively manage the sales pipeline using the client sales tracking system and documenting all calls in Q3/Q4.
- Identify and follow up regularly with key prospects, and develop unique selling opportunities (for example: use appropriate knowledge-based campaigns, arrange MPC calls with the Staffing Consultant, coordinate marketing events, coordinate office visits).
- Sell all product and service lines.
- Deliver the Client Care Packet to all new clients.
Effectively work with and communicate with internal team.
- Maintain strong relations with Staffing Consultants to ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular on-going communications both before/after job orders are filled.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College or University experience is a plus.
- Three+ years outside sales experience, preferably in the staffing industry
- Proven successful track record in business service sales
- MUST have strong customer service, follow up and follow through skills
- High level of motivation and drive
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the success of the company, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary with commission
- Great benefits including health, dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Job Ref #: 446M
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA