Senior Human Resources Generalist
Non-profit organization seeks a Senior Human Resources Generalist to assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office and the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff and at direction of Human Resources Supervisor; assists and advises agency management staff regarding Human Resources issues.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Provides leadership in accordance with the client’s mission, vision and core values.
- Coach management staff on execution of performance management and talent management processes to promote a culture of high performance, continuous growth and development.
- Ensures compliance with ergonomics and safety programs.
- Ensures compliance with leaves of absence for employees in CA, in accordance with State and Federal regulations, and client’s policies and procedures. Determines employee eligibility for leaves of absence, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, State-specific related leaves, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Assists with designing and implementing HR policies and programs.
- Investigates and assists with resolution of employee relation and issues.
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information. Produces and analyzes HR reports on staffing and other subjects.
- Plans and facilitates employee events related to Human Resources programs or the Client as a whole, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and practices; personnel policy and procedure usage.
- Proven track record of counseling management and employees on employee relation issues including counseling and administering a leave of absence program.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment.
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Top notch organizational skills.
- Strong customer service background skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and minimum five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish skills are a definite plus
This is a temporary to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area, pay is $26 to $28 hourly.
Job Ref #: 4463
Location: North San Fernando Valley, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.