Senior Payroll Representative
The Senior Payroll Representative provides administrative payroll support specific to assigned Region, performing a variety of regional payroll functions which include but are not limited to, vacation payment processing and related research, garnishment setups, bonus processing, and off-cycle check requests. Provides assistance with other tasks as needed such as direct deposit/pay card setups, employment verification and union processes. Provides quality customer service support to assigned regions. Assist other payroll staff and Supervisor as needed. Research and resolve most employee and Branch Office questions and issues related to the assigned region.
- Process assigned regions monthly and weekly vacation and PTO reports for payment including review of reports for completeness, preparing input tool for off-cycle check production and follow up with branch offices on discrepancies.
- Verify and process vacation research request forms submitted from field offices by reconciling employee vacation accrual amounts in payroll system against hours worked and plan type.
- Performs detailed review of all vacation reports submitted for payment for ERISA governed states to ensure compliance.
- Tracks monthly and weekly vacation reports to ensure we have received and processed all pending reports, following up with the Branch Offices as needed.
- Reviews weekly message report for any employee level vacation changes and updates payroll system as needed. Follows up with Branch Office with questions related to changes as needed.
- Assist with various vacation projects for clients and union plans to perform research and providing summary of recalculated accruals for any necessary payments and adjustments.
- Processes activities related to wage assignments, including, state and federal tax levies and other garnishments within assigned Region.
- Review and edit time sheets for accuracy and compliance to company policy and regulations, related to processing off-cycle check requests.
- Research and resolve off-cycle discrepancies working with field office personnel and on occasion, employees.
- Communicates with field offices and associates to respond to questions regarding payroll issues.
- Assist Supervisor with maintaining written procedures for job related functions.
- Provides quality customer service to the assigned Region.
- Additional duties and or projects including filing as needed and assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Results oriented individual with strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle project assignments responsibly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of Payroll experience
- PeopleSoft HRMS Payroll knowledge and PeopleSoft HRMS reporting experience (PS Query) are both strongly desired.
- Excellent P/C skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and 10 key
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and learn other department activities.
- Excellent planning, organization and project co-ordination skills.
- Must be able to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Interacts effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Adapts to changes in the external environment and organization.
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Please call for additional information.
Job Reference #: 44C2
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.