Senior Sales Assistant
The Senior Sales Assistant supports the Sales Department, which includes Client Engagement Managers, Senior Account Managers, Sales Operations Specialist and the Sales Leadership Team. The position is one which requires both flexibility and discipline in coordinating and prioritizing daily tasks in an efficient manner. The Senior Sales Assistant must be comfortable with customer-facing tasks, and must be able to demonstrate administrative skills, product knowledge, internal company communication, reporting functions, presentation skills, and process implementation.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Updating and maintaining data integrity in SalesForce.com/CRM
- Responsible for Lead entry, distribution and tracking via SalesForce.com/CRM
- Coordinating sales collateral and book deliveries as needed to regional events
- Distributes mail, books, orders, POs and routes requests for information to appropriate department
- Aids in the processing and mailing of RFP responses
- Responsible for Book Sampling process and tracking book orders
- Provides back-up and support to Sales Operations Specialist as needed
- Provides complex and confidential administrative support to Sales Director and Associate Director.
- Schedules and organize events for Sales Departments such as meetings, travel and conference activities, including department celebrations.
- Tracks and processes department invoices, expense reports, check requests through Proactis and investigate discrepancies as necessary
- Coordinates notarizing of documents
- Oversees department document filing and storage
- Compiles data for reporting purposes from various resources
- Owns Professional Development Resource Center (PDRC) contracting and implementation process, including delivering demos to school district leaders as part of the Sales process
- Helps to generate book and PDRC quotes as needed
- Interfaces with Customer Service, Credit, and Collections
- Identifies decision makers and contact information of prospects via phone or internet searches.
Skills and Requirements:
- Working knowledge of the company’s Online products.
- Attend relevant meetings as directed.
- Provide assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
- Occasional support for PDRC and book sales at conferences, as well as possible attendance at Sales events which may require travel (2-4x per year)
- BA/BS preferred. 3-5 years’ experience in administrative and departmental support.
- Previous experience supporting a Sales department preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills, including strong spelling and grammar skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- General willingness to assist the department in any way.
- Demonstrated people skills including the ability to work with support departments (i.e., Customer Service and Finance) to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Detailed oriented, organized, self-motivated, flexible, proactive team player able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to understand departmental operations and procedures.
- Ability to learn commercial software and other information system tools used at the company as assigned
This is a temp to hire position located in the Conejo Valley Area. The pay range is between $18 and $19 hourly.
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.