Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist is a hybrid role to include customer facing technical support focused on escalated (Tier 2) issues and day to day management of the implementation and onboarding workflow for key products. This role will also include limited data tasks associated with the department’s CRM system to support sample generation, processing of reviewer and marketing requests, and also support for administrative functions within the CRM application, including generating internal reports.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Technical Support Specialist will work closely with technical support vendor for first level (Tier 1) issues to research escalated issues and determine how best to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Direct escalated issues that cannot be resolved to appropriate internal party
- Carefully track issues, drive them towards a resolution, and touch base with impacted parties on a regular basis.
- Will also directly provide telephone technical support for instructors, prospects, etc. seeking assistance in the use of press products.
- Partner with Learning Solutions Specialists, sales reps, support staff and colleagues in other departments to ensure smooth implementation of digital solutions.
- Be responsible for maintaining an internal knowledge base of technical support documentation and provide suggestions and input to product teams for improving customer facing materials.
- Manage workflow and outreach efforts for courseware products, playing a key role in the successful integration of these products with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Persistent and organized follow-up with key stakeholders
- Proactively engage with existing customers to drive retention and usage of digital products by contacting them via telephone and email to schedule onboarding appointments.
- Careful monitoring of technical support email inboxes throughout the day.
- Delivery of email, telephone, and Web based technical support.
- Maintain high level of technical knowledge on Client Digital Products and full understanding of core products.
Additional duties may also include:
- Identify and document product issues, enhancements, and requests in tracking system.
- Responsibility for the successful completion of the integration work required to link our courseware products to LMS platforms.
- Develop and maintain a moderate level of familiarity with the primary LMS platforms, including Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle and D2L.
- Proactive outreach to adopters of products with the goal of helping to drive usage.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments as needed.
- Suggest and employ new, creative, and innovative ways to deliver technical support.
- Work within Microsoft Dynamics CRM system to update customer contact records with notes regarding the resolution of technical issues.
- Participate in the approval process of customer accounts and provide resolution with access issues.
- Ensure data loads are done accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Develop and generate reports and data sets primarily utilizing Excel.
- Perform QA processes to ensure accuracy of all delivered and on-demand tasks and projects
- Assist sales department with other operational needs to support sales efforts
- Assist with maintaining and updating department’s SharePoint page
- Act as a liaison and attend meetings between several departments
Skills and Requirements:
- Technical School Certification, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with data, reporting, technical products or IT application support
- Superior time management, analytical, troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel required, advanced skillset preferred
- Ability to write technical information and contribute to the support documentation and establishment of Web delivered knowledge base.
- Familiarity with the primary LMS platforms, i.e., Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle and D2L
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and work with datasets and CRM systems (Salesforce, CRM, Siebel, etc.)
- Experience with web browser technology and browser plug-in technology
- Ability to institute a system for organizing incoming technical support issues and tracking resolution times
- Experience providing technical support in a fast paced environment and working with a ticketing solution and/or JIRA preferred
- Basic SharePoint maintenance/administrator functions preferred
- Sales or marketing organization experience preferred
- Effectively multi-task and work with constant interruptions
- Reason and problem solve and effectively make decisions
- Work with minimal supervision on assigned tasks
This is a long term temporary position located in the Conejo Valley area. The hourly salary is $21.00.
Job Reference #: 44DV
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.