The Temporary Controller oversees accounting functions, including, but not limited to payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, revenue, audits and various state-mandated programs.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Provides Direct Supervision to Accounts Payable Supervisor, Audit and Revenue Supervisor and payroll staff.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations all Client operating bank accounts.
- Assigns, monitors, evaluates and approves the work of department staff. Ensures that all work meets established state and internal control standards. Ensures the Accounting Department’s adherence to Agency policies and procedures.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities and functions of the Accounting Department.
- Prepare and review monthly income statements and balance sheets by division
- Ensures compliance and accuracy of accounting functions by periodic internal audits and continuous training of accounting staff.
- Oversee monthly revenue billings
- Prepare and review journal entries in preparation for audit.
- Prepare and review AR reports
- Assist in year-end closing
- Coordinates projects including cross departments as needed.
- Proficient ability to analyze and verify the accuracy of computer generated reports and insures proper recording and reporting of accounting data.
Skills and Requirements
- Accounting principles and procedures, budgeting principles and procedures, California requirements for client’s internal operations, program supervision
- Developing accounting systems and procedures, managing computerized accounting systems, policy interpretation and procedure implementation, clear oral and written communications, proficiency with computer programs, staff supervision and leadership, staff training
- Any combination equivalent to or likely to provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a closely related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years or more of related professional experience, including at least 3 years of supervision of exempt and non-exempt staff. Certified Public Accountant experience is a plus
This is a temporary position located in the Sherman Oaks area. Please call for additional information.
Job Reference #: 44MT
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.