Vendor Audit Accountant
The Vendor Audit Accountant is responsible for conducting vendor audits in accordance with governmental legislation, reviewing independent audit and independent review reports from vendors and performing a variety of complex accounting functions.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- Conducts audits of vendors in accordance with statutes and regulations. Performs field work, analyzes data, researches statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements and prepares written reports of audit findings. Prepares external correspondence and reporting related to vendor audits.
- Tracks and reviews independent audit and independent review reports submitted by vendors in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Reviews cost statements submitted by vendors.
- Conducts various internal audits to verify internal controls including physical inventory of fixed assets.
- Completes monthly reconciliation of fixed assets database to general ledger.
- Generates, analyzes and reconciles a variety of monthly and annual reports.
- Participates in training of internal staff on accounting functions and procedures.
- Provides technical assistance and support to accounting staff.
- Assists with preparation of month-end financial statements and reports.
- Assists with preparation and analysis of expenditures data and reports.
- Performs various accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting functions as required.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Maintains accounting files and records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of accounting experience, including one year of audit experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and terminology, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems, general ledger systems, and bank reconciliation.
- Auditing, training, research and forecasting, data analysis, report preparation and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and enter data accurately.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Build/cultivate relationships, work cooperatively, and establish rapport/gain trust.
- Speak and write in an organized and effective manner, succinct direct manner, and simply complex ideas into simplified forms. Speak confidently in small settings.
- Write with excellent grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
- Plan, prioritize and complete duties in a timely manner.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Exceptional math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, as well as compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs required.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry preferred.
This is a temporary to hire position located in the North San Fernando Valley area. The salary range is $20 to $22.
Job Ref #: 44GJ
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.