Account Manager CL
What’s the opportunity?
The Account Manager CL manages a book of insurance business, and provides professional, courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners. Supports Producers and/or Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
What will I be doing?
- Works closely with Producers and other personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to CLIENT’s best practices and standard procedures.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Prepares and implements all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Seeks continued knowledge and stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes; Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve service issues. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other products and services when appropriate for the client’s needs. Documents other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- Maintains accurate and organized account files by appropriately documenting conversations with clients and carrier representatives; updates all computer systems and automated agency management systems; ensures the accuracy of data.
- Prepares reports, proposal and comparisons for management as required.
- May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- In conjunction with the producer or independently, manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What skills do I need?
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Desire to learn and grow within the insurance industry.
- Confidence and demeanor to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships; work effectively with insurance and service vendors to gain cooperation in meeting clients’ needs.
- Ability to respond to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and handle difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and accurately.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to efficiently gather pertinent information and facts, analyze and solve problems timely and thoroughly.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and responsibilities in order to complete assignments on time and with optimal accuracy.
We’d also like you to have the following as Account Manager CL:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and agency management systems.
- 2-5 years’ insurance industry experience (brokerage preferred) or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Property & Causality License
The company offers a competitive exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions employees for longevity and success. They believe in investing in the future of employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development.
The company is committed to providing you with
- Competitive salary– pay range of $65k to $70k annually
- Competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in current needs, yet evolves as needs change over time.
This company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Job Ref. #: 44??
Location: Westlake Village, CA