Expense & Payroll Processor
The current Expense & Payroll Processor temp to hire role in our Finance, Accounting department will be helping support the Payroll Manager who is not only managing payroll but also the expense reimbursement process through Concur.
Although this position is a temp to hire position, we are needing help immediately with the expense reimbursements process and so although this individual can be considered for the regular full time position we need them to be working temporarily as we go through the candidate recruitment process.
Job Description (including but not limited to the following):
- The Processor provides critical internal customer service for all business units. This role performs all tasks necessary to accomplish the timely and accurate processing of employee expense claims and ensures adherence with global and local guidelines.
- The Processor will also provide valuable backup support when needed to ensure business continuity for the bi-weekly processing of payroll. The activities also support general ledger management, period-end closing, and payment processing on a current and timely basis as needed.
- Administer the usage of the expense reporting tool through new account setup, user support, timely expense report processing and card account payment
- Perform routine audits of submitted expense reports
- Responsible for the weekly data uploads from the expense reporting tool to the finance system
- Negotiate and manage annual corporate rates for hotels and other travel-related contracts
- Provide end user support with expense reporting issues submitted through the ticketing system
- Issue corporate cards to new staff, assess timely payment of card accounts, manage delinquencies through communications with staff and managers
- Responsible for the VAT reclamation process through managing documentation needs of third-party vendor support
- Provide backup support in the accurate and timely processing of payroll for US and Canada.
- Update the payroll system for Employee Change Notices (ECN’s) submitted by HR
- Complete new employee setups and ensure data quality in the payroll system
- Protect the confidentiality of employee data and transaction details
- Ensure quality execution and compliance of Service Level Agreements by maintaining strong partnership with internal customers and other departments with whom Accounting has critical dependencies
- SAP Concur Expense and Travel experience
- Competency to provide excellent customer service to cross-functional team members
- Seek continuous process improvement opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide ad hoc support globally to Finance and Human Resources executives as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- We need this individual to have at least 2 years’ experience working in Concur:
- Experience working in Concur as the administrator – not just a user
- Experience processing expense reports in Concur – uploading into Epicor – Epicor knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Paylocity for our HR and payroll system.
- They will be initially helping with creating profiles in Concur, will work on the JIRA ticket requests that come in regarding issues with Concur, or creating a new user in Concur, and will be reviewing all expenses reports submitted to ensure meeting our travel and reimbursement policy guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail oriented and trustworthy
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-conscious environment with constantly evolving priorities and achieve high quality output and accuracy
- This person will have to be able to come into the office as needed – which would be about 3-4 times per month.
This is a temp to hire position with an immediate need. The pay range is between $27 to $29 per hour.
Job Ref: 44VH
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Royal Staffing Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.